Sunday, March 8, 2009

Woodland

All things considered, excellent.

I will never cease to be amazed at how well Elk River holds snow. The golf course there had less snow than Highland did last night when I arrived and my expectations were low, but of course once I crested the hill in to the woods the conditions were pretty much perfect. There were a couple icy sections (the hill right before the Pin especially, as well as some of Wash Pond) and Stony Rollers and The Mitten were closed, but otherwise it was fine skating. I was on it right as it was hardening up but the base looks pretty good, with only a couple thin spots in the usual locations (bottom of Peeper, top of Scouring).

I can only get to two trails at most, on a good day! Check out all the trail reports at skinnyski.com

No comments:

Post a Comment