Friday, March 19, 2010

Boulder: part 1

Travels have taken me to Boulder, Colorado. When I arrived last night, it was in the 50s, with clouds building over the mountains. It's been near 70 this week. Here's the view out my friend's window this morning. We're in store for somewhere between 10 and 20 inches of snow; it's coming down. The roads are too warm for street skiing right now, but hopefully will freeze up as it is quite cold.

Nevertheless, they are grooming in town, and I've joined Boulder Nordic's facebook page to see if I can social network my way in to some skiing. We'll see if Eldora is cool enough to let me ski there during the evening, since it is light until 8. (Although, $19 for a trail pass, gosh!) And I am two blocks from Boulder Nordic Sport.

Yeah, I think my timing was pretty darned good. Reports will follow. Get your saliva glands ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment