Sunday, February 22, 2009

Lebanon Hills

Overall, very good, especially considering the snow.

By mid-afternoon I had recovered from Birkie enough to not want to see all this new snow go to waste, so I made for Lebanon per earlier reports and was not disappointed. I skied most of the trails and although I'd advise against your best skis, there are only scattered icy and thin spots, and only a couple bits of dirt. The worst I noticed was the steep uphill on the west side of Pilot Knob where the trail was rather dirty—I didn't ski the longer loop there, but it might be better. I kicked on some Multigrade over some Toko Blue from a week ago on the Birkie Trail and it was good.

There were a lot of other folks out enjoying the trails and I hope it's not my last time striding in the Cities this year but if it is, it was a good ski. It's also nice to finish at 6:10 and not have to have a headlamp on.

I can only get to two trails at most, on a good day! Check out all the trail reports at skinnyski.com

No comments:

Post a Comment