Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Como

Good for skate, good for classic, excellent for telemark.

Telemark? Yes, telemark! After striding around most of the trail (generally good conditions, a few thin spots, and not too much kick in the skied in trail) I found that the hill up alongside the snowboard hill was skied in well, but the snowboard slope was two inches of powder over a solid, manmade, not-icy base. I spent the better part of an hour running up the hill and reminding myself how one tele-skis. Several dozen turns and two wipe outs later, my thighs told me it was time to go in. I double-poled the glacier (good coverage under the bridge) and arrived at the parking lot satiated and quite warm (+3 feels warm the day after -8).

I can only get to two trails at most, on a good day! Check out all the trail reports at skinnyski.com

No comments:

Post a Comment